Traditionally, cinnamon is almost as popular as white sage or Palo Santo in its ability to purify a space. Simply light your incense and walk around your room, allowing the smoke to enter every corner to dispel any negativity that has entered your home.
Is powdered cinnamon good for you?
Cinnamon contains antioxidants, which are a healthy component of the diet that help neutralize free radicals, preventing them from damaging cells in the body. Cinnamaldehyde also has some antibacterial properties and might slow down the growth of cancerous cells.
What can you do with cinnamon sticks?
- Stir into hot cocoa. Come wintertime, prepare some hot cocoa with marshmallows and milk.
- Grind for an apple pie. Fresh cinnamon sticks can help bring spice to a classic apple pie.
- Make homemade cinnamon tea.
- Add to your phở broth.
- Mix in with basmati rice.
- Garnish a hot toddy.
How can I use cinnamon?
- Sprinkle it on food. The simplest way to consume cinnamon is to sprinkle a little of it on your food, such as on toast.
- Make a tea. The chemicals in cinnamon are water soluble and make a great tea.
- Take capsules.
- Swallow it with honey.