Is powdered cinnamon good for you?
Cinnamon contains antioxidants, which are a healthy component of the diet that help neutralize free radicals, preventing them from damaging cells in the body. Cinnamaldehyde also has some antibacterial properties and might slow down the growth of cancerous cells.
How can I use cinnamon?
- Sprinkle it on food. The simplest way to consume cinnamon is to sprinkle a little of it on your food, such as on toast.
- Make a tea. The chemicals in cinnamon are water soluble and make a great tea.
- Take capsules.
- Swallow it with honey.
How do you use cinnamon sticks?
- Use as a stirring stick for your coffee, tea, cider, and cocktails.
- Break up a cinnamon stick to infuse a pot of coffee or tea.
- Simmer a cinnamon stick with your oatmeal.
- Flavor your broth with a few cinnamon sticks.
- Add a bit of spice to curry fried rice.