- Start with an effective question.
- Shuffle the cards with a question in mind.
- Before looking up the meanings, decide on one yourself.
- Pick a deck that speaks to you.
- Check out a few of the tarot books.
- Create a ritual for caring for your cards.
- Sleep on it, literally.
- Think of tarot card reading as a journey.
How do I introduce myself to my tarot deck?
The interview spread is a really neat way to introduce yourself to a new tarot deck and allow it to introduce itself to you. Essentially, it’s a conversation about your potential working relationship, where you can discuss the deck’s strengths and limits and discover the best way to approach and use these cards.
Can I teach myself Tarot?
Is it possible to do Tarot spreads on yourself, even if you’re a beginner? Yes! It absolutely is. Tarot is a modality that helps us gain greater insight into our current situations, honor our intuition and forecast potential outcomes.
How do I clear the energy of my tarot cards?
- Meditate. Simply take a minute to relax and clear your mind of any thoughts.
- Burn sage and pass each card through the smoke.
- Pack the cards up with bay leaves.
- And finally, put a crystal on top for protection.