- Examples of Questions to Ask During a Job Shadow. Introduction.
- What is your occupation and job title? •
- What kind of experience was required for this job? •
- How many hours do you work in a typical week? •
- What is the salary range for different levels in their field?
- What do you like best about your job?
How to do shadow work on yourself?
- Decide if you’ll seek therapy or do shadow work on your own.
- Practice spotting your inner shadow.
- Think back to your childhood.
- Avoid shaming (or being ashamed of) your shadow.
- Meditate to observe your triggers.
- Keep a shadow journal.
- Express your inner shadow artistically.
- Start an inner dialogue.
How to do shadow work prompts?
- What are your triggers and what caused them?
- Is there anyone you hold a grudge against?
- Do you feel misunderstood?
- What do you dislike about yourself most?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done and why did you do it?
- Are you happy with where you are in your life?
What triggers the shadow self?
Your shadow self might show up when you’re triggered, in your relationships, and through varying levels of anxiety and depression, she says. And when this seemingly dark side does rise up, it might reveal something about your personality that’s worth a closer look.