- 10 Ways to Let Go of Someone.
- Decide Whether the Relationship Is Worth It.
- Have a Conversation.
- Cut Off Contact.
- Accept That You’re Only in Control of Your Own Actions.
- Lean on Friends and Family.
- Trust the Process.
- Prioritize Self-Care.
How do you let go of someone who you deeply loved?
- Acknowledge the truth of the situation.
- Identify relationship needs — and deal breakers.
- Accept what the love meant to you.
- Look to the future.
- Prioritize other relationships.
- Spend time on yourself.
- Give yourself space.
- Understand it may take some time.
Why do I struggle to let someone go?
You are afraid of change
Letting go is hard because it means that you need to free yourself from some aspects of your past. Things that have become a part of yourself – of what makes you who you are today. Most people understand this as getting rid of that “thing” resulting in a change in who you are.
When should you let a person go?
- You don’t feel safe, physically or emotionally.
- You’re always making excuses for them.
- You don’t like who you are around them.
- They drain your energy.
- You’ve outgrown them.
- There are more bad times than good.
- Your loved ones don’t approve of them.
- You can’t see a future with them.