- stuff that comes to mind as you study the Bible;
- things you sense around you (observations);
- places you’ve been and what you draw from them (pilgrimage and travel);
- insights you’ve had along the way;
- prayers you’ve prayed (formally-written, poetic, or said/screamed/sobbed toward God).
How do you start a spiritual awakening journal?
- For self-discovery. What do I really love about my life?
- For self-care. What soothes and calms me?
- For fun. Who are my favorite people to be with?
- For daily check-In.
- For spiritual guidance.
What is the purpose of a spiritual journal?
Keeping a journal can be a spiritual practice that allows you to connect internally and express yourself. It can be a supportive and helpful practice during difficult times—one that can help you understand and uncover how you’re feeling in the moment.
How do you start a spiritual journey for beginners?
- Meditate for 15-30 minutes.
- Create movement by doing yoga postures or stretching for several minutes.
- Say affirmations aloud.
- Smudge yourself to clear your energy.
- Pray or share thoughts with the divine.
- Read a few pages from a book that feels nourishing to your spirit.