- What emotion do you try to avoid feeling the most?
- What negative emotion do I feel most comfortable with?
- Is your inner voice kind or critical?
- Is your inner voice truly yours?
- How do you think people see you?
- How do you want other people to see you?
- When are you most judgemental?
How do I start a shadowing journal?
- Who has the most influence over me and my decisions?
- What do I think is my worst trait?
- What is one challenge I faced as a child?
- What situations make me want to lie or fudge the truth?
- Who is someone that has betrayed or hurt me?
How do you use a shadow Journal?
- What are your triggers and what caused them?
- Is there anyone you hold a grudge against?
- Do you feel misunderstood?
- What do you dislike about yourself most?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done and why did you do it?
- Are you happy with where you are in your life?
What are examples of shadow work?
Think about someone who triggers you
“Often these images are a reflection of parts of ourselves that we find unlikable.” So, a good place to start with shadow work would be to think of someone who bothers you, and reflect on what it is about that person that might also be within you, he says.