- Breathing meditation: A practice where you focus your attention on the sensations of breathing.
- Body scan: A practice where you focus on each individual body part in turn, from head to toe.
What are the 3 principles of mindfulness?
In general, they seek to develop three key characteristics of mindfulness: Intention to cultivate awareness (and return to it again and again) Attention to what is occurring in the present moment (simply observing thoughts, feelings, sensations as they arise) Attitude that is non-judgmental, curious, and kind.
Is mindfulness just not thinking?
Contrary to popular belief, mindfulness isn’t about sitting completely still and clearing your mind. It’s actually about being present-focused and not judging your thoughts. You’ll never perfect mindfulness, but practice is what counts. It has been shown to help reduce stress and improve overall health.
What are the 7 principles of mindfulness?
- Non-judging. Be an impartial witness to your own experience.
- Patience. A form of wisdom, patience demonstrates that we accept the fact that.
- Beginner’s Mind. Remaining open and curious allows us to be receptive to new.
- Trust. Develop a basic trust with yourself and your feelings.
- Letting Go.