- 1 Clear your mind before you start your reading.
- 2 Ask the cards a question to guide your reading.
- 3 Shuffle your cards and cut the deck.
- 4 Draw 1 card for yes/no answers.
- 5 Lay out a spread for open-ended questions.
- 6 Interpret the card’s suit first.
How do you spread playing cards for reading?
Can playing cards be used for divination?
Cartomancy is fortune-telling or divination using a deck of cards. Forms of cartomancy appeared soon after playing cards were first introduced into Europe in the 14th century. Practitioners of cartomancy are generally known as cartomancers, card readers, or simply readers.
How many cards do you lay out for a tarot reading?
It’s 10 cards, so it’s a lot of information and it’s a very clear spread. Personally, I use a modified version of the Celtic Cross where I use the format, but I like to be loose with the positions because I want the cards to be whatever they want to be.