- Tell your BF or GF that you want to talk about something important.
- Start by mentioning something you like or value about the other person.
- Say what’s not working (your reason for the break-up).
- Say you want to break up.
- Say you’re sorry if this hurts.
- Say something kind or positive.
How do you cut someone off without hurting them?
- Before you have the conversation, ask yourself why you’re not satisfied.
- Don’t drag it out.
- Remember to be kind in the moment.
- Avoid focusing on what you think they did wrong.
- Be direct.
- Skip clichés like “it’s not you, it’s me.”
- Finally, steer clear of false promises.
How do you get rid of someone you like?
- Acknowledge the truth of the situation.
- Identify relationship needs — and deal breakers.
- Accept what the love meant to you.
- Look to the future.
- Prioritize other relationships.
- Spend time on yourself.
- Give yourself space.
- Understand it may take some time.
How do you get rid of a friend slowly?
Some options include telling the person directly that you are ending the friendship. Or, you might allow the friendship to fade away by communicating less over time. If someone is violating your boundaries or if you feel unsafe, you might choose to discontinue all communication with them immediately.