How to do a tarot reading for beginners?
- Start with an effective question.
- Shuffle the cards with a question in mind.
- Before looking up the meanings, decide on one yourself.
- Pick a deck that speaks to you.
- Check out a few of the tarot books.
- Create a ritual for caring for your cards.
- Sleep on it, literally.
- Think of tarot card reading as a journey.
How many tarot cards do you pull?
You can pull one or three cards at a time. I prefer to pull three to tell a whole story. Being that we all have different relationships with each card, the connection you feel with it will best explain the information being shown to you. Think of yourself as a painter, using your knowledge as the brushstrokes.
How to do a tarot card pull?
- Open your tarot box.
- Hold the cards in your hand.
- While still holding the cards in your hand, “knock” or tap the pile of cards several times to spread your energy into the deck.
- Give the cards a thorough shuffle.
- Cut the cards into three piles and then put them into one pile again.