- Who has the most influence over me and my decisions?
- What do I think is my worst trait?
- What is one challenge I faced as a child?
- What situations make me want to lie or fudge the truth?
- Who is someone that has betrayed or hurt me?
What are the dangers of shadow work?
Risks of doing Shadow Work
You may have to face traumas or difficult past experiences, which can be tough to handle. If you’re not careful, shadow work can leave you feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, and even traumatized. It’s crucial to approach shadow work cautiously and go at your own pace.
Does shadow work help you heal?
Shadow work can heal wounds from childhood, often brought on by primary caregivers like a parent. “You’re always doing the work of healing yourself, healing your parents, and healing the lineage, especially when you start to address generational traumas within the shadow experience,” Short says.